Our Ethos & School Values
School Ethos and Values
Our school ethos and values are expressed through our mission statement and aims:
Barham School Aims:
1. To provide a broad, balanced and relevant education, which enables children to achieve their full potential, academically, creatively, socially, spiritually and physically.
2. To provide a happy, caring and secure environment in which children are encouraged to develop self-discipline and take responsibility for their own learning.
3. To provide rigour and challenge with high expectations, whilst ensuring equal access to all areas of the curriculum and school life.
4. To welcome and value the rich cultural diversity of the community and to ensure that children’s learning experiences reflect this positively.
5. To encourage a close working partnership with parents in all areas of school life.
6. To enable children to recognise, challenge and deal with inequalities in society and by their attitudes, show respect for others.
7. To prepare children for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
8. To strive for excellence and achievement in all areas of school life.